Welcome New Patients!
What to expect on your first visit to Dentistry at Pelham Pointe
Typically, your initial appointment at our office will consist of a thorough examination of your teeth, gums, soft tissue, jaw joints, and the surrounding muscles. It is critical to evaluate a patient’s needs based on their periodontal (gum & bone) health, their biomechanical (existing tooth structure and previous dentistry) considerations, function (joint, bite and chewing), and dentofacial (smile) characteristics. We perform an extensive oral cancer screening. We make digital radiographs and capture photos of your oral cavity and review them with you. We learn about your home care habits and diet to help target the cause of any issues you may be having. Plan on at least one hour with the dentist for this examination. Most often, we will have you see one of our hygienists for treatment (cleaning) on your second visit.
Once we have completed the examination and reviewed your information, we formulate a diagnosis and present it to you for discussion. Should you need treatment, we recommend options with the lowest risk and best long-term prognosis. For more complicated cases, we often work with other dental specialists and seek their clinical expertise in best treatment options for your particular situation.
What to Bring to Your Appointment:
- Please bring current, digital radiographs made by a previous dentist, if applicable. You will be required to sign a release form giving us permission to contact your previous dentist in order for these to be released to us. You may also contact your previous dentist directly and request in writing that your records be sent to us. Please have them sent to our office email at: [email protected]
- Please bring a list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, provide us with the necessary documentation. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
70 Pointe Circle
Greenville, SC 29615
Phone: Greenville Office Phone Number 864-271-6705